Submission deadline passed on March the 31st, it is no longer possible to enter the film.
In case of any questions please contact us at [email protected].
How to submit a film
- All information concerning the presentation of a film at the festival can be found in the Festival’s Rules and Regulations. At the Festival, films are screened in competitive and non-competitive sections.
- Complete the online Film Entry form
- Previously registered users must be logged in to complete the form. Register here if you do not have your personal login information.
- Pay the submission fee by debit or credit card.
- If an online screener is not available, send your DVD screener and the printed Film Entry form to:
Film Servis Festival Karlovy Vary, a.s.
110 00 Prague 1
- Regular submission (by February 28, 2021) is subject to a submission fee of €50 per film.
- Late submission (March 1 – March 31, 2021) is subject to a submission fee of €65 per film.
- If your film is in a language other than Czech or English, the screener must be provided with Czech or English subtitles.
- Only online screeners and DVDs (zone/region 0) are accepted as preview screeners for pre-selection. Blu-ray and other formats are not accepted.
- If you submit an online screener, it must be valid (with the same password) until June 9, 2021. If the link or password has to be changed by June 9, 2021, please send the new online screener info to [email protected].
- Please clearly indicate if the submitted screener is the final version or a work-in-progress.
- Submission must be completed by February 28, 2021 (March 31, 2021 for late submissions). If the screener is a DVD, it must be postmarked no later than submission deadline.
The film you wish to enter must meet the following general requirements
- The submitted film must be world, international or European premiere in order to be considered for the program.
- Production of the submitted film must have been completed within the eighteen months prior to the starting date of the festival.
- Submitted films must not have been released anywhere in any form (including festival screenings, DVD release, or television or internet broadcast) more than eighteen months prior to the starting date of the festival.
- All films must be at least 60 minutes long to qualify for submission. The festival does not accept submissions of short and medium-length films (up to 60 minutes). In addition, any film that is solely promotional, educational, or scientific in nature is not eligible for selection by the festival.
Film selection for the program of the 55th Karlovy Vary IFF
If you send a DVD for pre-selection, we will inform you via email upon its receipt.
You will be informed about the final decision of the Selection Committee by the beginning of June 2021 at the latest.
The Selection Committee is led by artistic director Karel Och. The selection committee's members are artistic consultant Eva Zaoralová, program coordinator Anna Purkrábková, programmers Lenka Tyrpáková, Martin Horyna and Sandra Hezinová and member of program department Nataila Neudačina.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected].