Getting to Karlovy Vary
On your own
By train or bus
- the bus and train stations are a 15-minute walk from the Thermal Hotel
- the best connections can be found at: https://idos.idnes.cz/en/vlakyautobusymhdvse/spojeni/ and www.regiojet.cz/, https://www.bileto.cz/, www.flixbus.cz/
A number of hotels, including the Thermal Hotel, are located in the pedestrian zone. Please be sure to check the parking conditions available for your accommodation. You may also use the paid public car park.
Car parks near the Thermal Hotel:
- Tržnice Car Park
- Varšavská Street Car Park
- Dr. Milady Horákové Square Car Park
- Horní nádraží Car Park (Upper Train Station)
- Dolní nádraží Car Park (Lower Train Station)
- Jana Palacha Riverbank Car Park
Car parks near the Grandhotel Pupp:
- most flights to the Czech Republic arrive at Václav Havel Airport in Prague. Buses to Karlovy Vary are available directly from Václav Havel Airport: http://jizdenky.studentagency.cz
Festival bus lines
- visitors to the 56th Karlovy Vary IFF will be able to use three bus lines free of charge - F1, F2, F3.
The lines will be in operation from July 1 to July 9, 2021. The line F1 will be in operation also on July 10.
- F1: Tent Village - Tržnice - Hotel Thermal- Kino Drahomíra- Východní (Penzion Hestia) - Domov mládeže Lidická - Hotel Festival - Hotel Thermal- Tržnice - Tent Village - Rolava
- F2: Tent Village - Tržnice - Hotel Thermal - Libušina - Richmond - Gejzírpark - Březová, Camp
- F3: Tent Village - Tržnice - Hotel Thermal - Kino Drahomíra - Východní (Penzion Hestia) - Domov mládeže Lidická - Hotel Festival - Libušina - Richmond - GH Pupp - Divadelní náměstí
Download the bus timetable here.
Festival bike rental, “Specialized”
- Specialized bicycles are the official bikes of the entire festival and will be available for you at the following locations, where they can be hired and returned: at the Pupp hotel, at the Rolava tent village, and at the Thermal Hotel.
- With each bicycle you will also be lent a helmet and a lock
- Specialized bicycles can be borrowed by all Festival Pass holders and accredited guests upon showing their Festival Pass or accreditation card and a valid ID
- the service is available daily from 8am to 11pm, and on the last day of the festival from 8am until 8pm
- bicycles can be borrowed for up to four hours. The first hour is free of charge, each additional hour started costs 100 CZK
- contacts during the festival: + 420 775 892 437, +420 775 892 420 (Thermal), +420 775 892 433 (Pupp), +420 775 892 432 (Tent Town). Operated by: Ski and Bike Centrum Radotín